ImageEn and IEvolution Support Forum
 Programmatic formatted text
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eric24

USA
23 Posts

Posted - May 16 2013 :  15:36:42  Show Profile  Reply
The AdvancedText.exe demo shows how to use the interactive memo functionality of TImageEnVect to enter and burn formatted text into an image. But how to do this in code? For example, if I have a line of text that includes various fonts, colors, and/or styles, how can I get this into a "line" or "memo" object in TImageEnVect? I don't expect TImageEnVect to interpret any particular markup language, but I'm hoping there is a way I can incrementally add text to a line or memo, one font/color/style variation at a time, without having to manually recalculate the position of the next item each time. Possible?

fab

1310 Posts

Posted - May 19 2013 :  09:17:17  Show Profile  Reply
At the moment it is not possible to programmatically format text (or insert new formats, or change format of) a memo object.
Go to Top of Page

Eric24

USA
23 Posts

Posted - May 19 2013 :  09:27:23  Show Profile  Reply
That's unfortunate. Any plans for this? Ideally, a way to pass a string with HTML or RTF formatting codes (or a subset thereof) and render that string on the vector layer.

Is anyone else in need of this? How have you dealt with being able to draw formatted text, either to a layer or directly to the bitmap?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To: