Get Scanner Settings on OnAcquireBitmap
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rswyman@docuxplorer.com

USA
156 Posts

Posted - May 02 2015 :  07:42:14  Show Profile  Reply
Hi All
I'm try to get the ImageEnMView1.MIO.TWainParams.XResolution.CurrentValue and/or
ImageEnMView1.MIO.TWainParams.StandardSize.CurrentValue during the OnAcquireBitmap event.

I tried using ImageEnMView1.MIO.TwainParams.GetFromScanner and ImageEnMView1.MIO.TwainParams.Update but the values I get are the defaults I set before the users sees twain interface dialog. I need to get the users adjusted twain interface dialog values.

Its seems that only after the twain interface dialog is closed am I able to get the uses selected values. Please advise.

Thanks
Ron

xequte

38514 Posts

Posted - May 04 2015 :  00:07:47  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Ron

StandardSize and XResolution are set when the using AcquireOpen, Acquire, etc.

However not all devices set these properties, in which case they will remain as the default.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

rswyman@docuxplorer.com

USA
156 Posts

Posted - May 05 2015 :  09:51:48  Show Profile  Reply
That I understand. I tried using ImageEnMView1.MIO.TwainParams.GetFromScanner and ImageEnMView1.MIO.TwainParams.Update during the OnAcquireBitmap but it has no effected. Is there a working around?

We need to know the DPI and or the page size to calculate the DPI from the scanned bitmap.

Thanks
Ron
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38514 Posts

Posted - May 05 2015 :  17:05:59  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Ron

Have you confirmed whether your Twain device ever sets these properties? I.e. is ImageEn failing to fill the values when you expect (OnAcquireBitmap event), or are the values never filled?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

rswyman@docuxplorer.com

USA
156 Posts

Posted - May 05 2015 :  17:19:52  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Nigel,

Yes, I can set these all the twain properties before the twain dialog is shown but if the user adjust these values like resolution ImageEnMView1.MIO.TwainParams.GetFromScanner and ImageEnMView1.MIO.TwainParams.Update do not update ImageEnMView1.MIO.TWainParams.XResolution.CurrentValue properties during the OnAcquireBitmap event.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38514 Posts

Posted - May 05 2015 :  17:38:29  Show Profile  Reply
Yes, but it sounds like your Twain device/driver does not update these values. ImageEn is only returning the values that have been set by the Twain driver. If it does not set them, then you will only see the default (what you have set).

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To: