ImageEn Library for Delphi, C++ and .Net
 ImageEn and IEvolution Support Forum
 ImageMagick 7 (VisualMagick) Antialiasing Issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

spurgeon

54 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2018 :  09:38:07  Show Profile  Reply
We are using an older version of ImageMagick (6.9.0-Q16) with ImageEn, and we are trying to update to ImageMagick 7 using the Windows build (VisualMagick). There is an antialiasing issue with some vectors (SVGs, TTF, DFONT) when loaded with ImageEn, and I was wondering if it had to do with ImageMagick 7 update and/or how ImageEn integrates with ImageMagick via iemiscplugins.pas.

Below are samples of what I'm seeing. ImageMagick 6 and convert.exe from the newest VisualMagick build (ImageMagick 7) have antialiasing, but the images are not antialiased when loaded via ImageEn.

DroidSans.ttf (IM7 convert.exe vs. ImageEn)

3d-glasses.svg (IM7 convert.exe vs. ImageEn)

Sample files:

attach/spurgeon/201811693028_samples.zip
101.74 KB

This is kind of a black box for me since I'm not too familiar with ImageMagick source or how ImageEn integrates with pixel handling and such. One helpful resource about changes in ImageMagick 7:

https://imagemagick.org/script/porting.php

We are building VisualMagick using VS2013 from the Github instructions here:

https://github.com/ImageMagick/ImageMagick-Windows

Thanks for any help you can provide.

spurgeon

54 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2018 :  09:14:08  Show Profile  Reply
Quick update: As a workaround for this issue, I'm just using convert.exe for certain formats. I would still appreciate insight anyone might have, though, since it would be better not to use convert.exe.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38313 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2018 :  16:18:30  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

I'm afraid I'm not sure. I have reviewed the code, and cannot see anything amiss. You might want to step into the iemiscplugins code as you load the file, and see if you can find anything, particularly with regard to the alpha channel.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

spurgeon

54 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2018 :  11:06:34  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks for the reply. We'll continue to investigate this on our end and will stick with our workaround until we can find a fix.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To: