ImageEn Library for Delphi, C++ and .Net
 ImageEn and IEvolution Support Forum
 [IEvolution] Set Font Size on Annotations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

newinf

12 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2011 :  03:16:32  Show Profile  Reply
Hi, i have this problem with IEvolution and Annotations.

How can i set the font size on annotations?. This is the scenary:

If i use the FontHeight property for setting the annotation font size, when i show the TIFF with another viewer (for example with internet explorer) and when i zoom in or zoom out, the annotation font size text is alwais the same (very small) and not changing.

But if i not use FontHeight property, text is written with a default size and when i show the TIFF with another viewer and when i zoom in or zoom out, the annotation size text changes proportionaly too. I would like this behavior but i need can specify my own font size (not the default size).

Note that this happend only in other viewer because if i use IEViewer this works. I can use FontHeight property and when i zoom in / zoom out, the annotations font size changes proportionaly to image size.

How can i solve this?. Thanks in advance.

fab

1310 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  09:55:24  Show Profile  Reply
Hi,
please could you post a sample of the TIFF file you have created and the code you used?
Go to Top of Page

newinf

12 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  23:43:24  Show Profile  Reply
Fabrizio, i can't attach a TIFF file. Only BMP, JPG, ... files are supported by this webmail.

This problem happends with all TIFF file images. You can use your own TIFF image and attach an annotation. You can use the IEvolution's annotation sample proyect and only set the property FontHeight (for example, to value "25"). Only you have to add one line of code to do this.

After this, if you show the TIFF witn IEViewer and zoom in/out the document the annotation's font size changes proportionaly to Annotation size. But if you use an external viewer (like IExplorer) when zoom in/out the document the annotation's font size no changes (always the same size) and size is too small.

Resume: If you do not specify the FontHeight property. It works but you can't change your desired size. Only default size. But if you specify the FontHeight, not works when you view the document with external viewers (i tried only with IExplorer 7).

I am using IEVolution2.dll on VS2008 project.

I am waiting for your words. Thanks a lot Fabrizio.
Go to Top of Page

fab

1310 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  00:31:15  Show Profile  Reply
Hi,
unfortunately I cannot replicate.
Please send the TIFF file to the support email.
Go to Top of Page

newinf

12 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  03:38:30  Show Profile  Reply
I just sent you TIFF files to support email.
Go to Top of Page

fab

1310 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  04:29:43  Show Profile  Reply
The annotation inside the noworks.tiff is zoomed.
Go to Top of Page

newinf

12 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  06:56:45  Show Profile  Reply
There are two annotation objects (a box and a memo annotation inside it) on each TIFF image.

Please, compare the two images when doing zoom and found the font text size diferences. When you zooming on notworks.tiff the font sizes is always the same and will must change (compare the size of margins between the box object and text).

Also, you can try to open notworks.tiff with a IEViewer (for example, use the annotations project include in IEvolution samples) and zoom again the image. You appreciate the differences in annotations. Here you can see with the correct Font size text.

Note that the box size objects is right. Only fail the font size on external viewers. It must be much higher and will must be changing with zoom proportionally.
Go to Top of Page

newinf

12 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  07:26:06  Show Profile  Reply
Fabrizio, i just send to the support email two captures with the comparisons specified on the last post.

Can you appreciate the differences?.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

fab

1310 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  07:38:35  Show Profile  Reply
Please try to set the font height as negative value. So instead of:

FontHeight = 32

try

FontHeight = -32
Go to Top of Page

newinf

12 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  08:27:04  Show Profile  Reply
Continuing researching...

The external viewer I am using isn't IExplorer. I am using the default viewer for images in Windows XP named Image Viewer and Window's Fax (moreless). With this viewer i can see annotations but if y try to open the TIFF with other viewers (like MS Paint or MS Office Document Imagin) i can't see the annotations. Also, i just see that on Windows 7 Fax image and fax viewer not show the annotations.

Independent of this, i need the correct font sizes. I tried with negative values and not works. I obtain identical results.

I recommend you to try replicate the problem. Is very easy. Only use the annotations project included in IEvolution samples. Add one code line to set the font-size, compile and run. Then open any TIFF file and add to it a memo annotation and save the document. Then see the result. Close and open the TIFF with the windows default image fax viewer and you can compare the font sizes are very differents and you can appreciate that in windows viewer not changin font size when yo zoom in/out.

Go to Top of Page

fab

1310 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  12:29:02  Show Profile  Reply
I sent a private email with the result setting font height = -32. It seems ok reading the image with XP preview.

I am not sure that Windows 7 preview (and MS Paint) can read wang annotations.
Go to Top of Page

newinf

12 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  23:47:17  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Fabrizio,

I tried again today and seems it works. I donīt know why it not worked for me yesterday. The solution are negative integer values for FontHeight property.

Please, accept my excuses. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To: